Women in the Qur'an: An Emancipatory Reading (Paperback)
– What kind of liberation are we speaking off?
– In the very beginning…
First part – When the Qur’an speaks of women
– A story of all women
– Balkis, Queen of Sheba, a democratic queen
– Sarah and Hagar, emblems of monotheism
– Zulaykha or forbidden love
– Umm Musa and Asiah, free women
– The daughter of Shu’ayb and the meeting with Musa?
– Maryam, the favourite
– Maryam, a link between Christians and Muslims
– The birth of Maryam
– Maryam’s spiritual retreat
– Revelation and annunciation
– The birth of ‘Isa and all the struggles
– Maryam and her son, a ‘sign’ for the worlds
Second part – When the Quran speaks to women
– The language of the Quran, a masculine language?
– When the Quran responds to female demands
– The mubahalah or when the Quran encourages women to social participation
– The muhajirat or the female political refugees
– The mubayi’at or women’s political engagement
– Al-Mujadilah, when God listens to women’s concerns
– And the other verses?
– Hit them…?
Publisher: Kube Publishing
Product Dimensions: 5.4 x 0.1 x 8.4 inches
Shipping Weight: 10.6 ounces